Getting to Tartu
- The most straightforward option is to arrive via air to the Tallinn airport, which
is served by most major european airlines. After that:
- There are direct buses from Airport to Tartu Coach station provided by Lux
- From airport, buses leave for Tartu every half-hour between 06:35 - 20:05 and every hour between 20:05 - 23:05. They are good quality busses with internet connection and rich multimedia to have fun during 2 hours 25 minutes of travel.
- The price is in range of 6-14 EUR.
- There are direct buses from Airport to Tartu Coach station provided by Lux Express.
- Alternatively, Tartu has a small airport which has only one flight per day served by FINNAIR from
and to Helsinki. There is a free shuttle bus connecting Tartu Airport and city center.
- Do let the local organizers know of your arrival times - we shall do our best to aid you in your travels.
Travelling in Tartu
Tartu is a small town, and most locations relevant to a visitor are easily accessible on foot.
TBD The walking directions from the hotel to the university building hosting the workshop are here
Note that if you have not had a chance to visit Tallinn before, you might want to leave yourself a day before or after the workshop to explore it as a tourist. Avid travelers may keep a yet another day for a short trip to Helsinki, which is is a 2.5-hour ferry ride away from Tallinn. If you have even more free time to spare, consider visiting Riga, the Latvian capital, which is 4-4.5 hours away by bus from Tartu/Tallinn respectively.